Spider-Man Gallery Spoilers

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Spider-Man Gallery Spoilers

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Here are some cool shots of my favourite suits in the game (Because of HDR some of these are much better on my TV but what can I do?)

I actually never liked this suit in the comics because this is from when Spider-Man was a billionaire but actually maybe I just think the story is dumb and the suit is kind of cool

The ‘Vintage’ suit hands down is the best suit in the game. Not only did they even get the blue colouring right, it’s dynamic and changes with lighting and positioning. Such attention to detail.

This just looks like it could be in the movie. They’re so different but it’s real neck and neck for me if this or God of War is the best looking game of the year

I tried to homage this

The last stand of Spider-Man :(

And some random action shots

A bit disappointed there is no symbiote suit in the game. But there’s always next time...

One-armed dwarf

Re: Spider-Man Gallery Spoilers

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 pm

🤐Ok I beat it.

Is Harry Venom, that's all I wasn't sure of.

Otherwise story seemed quite predictable tbh.

There was some whole neuro-degeneration stuff there and it's not quite fully clear

I think Otto started off a great character but became lame rubbish when he was doc ock. Norman Osborne had a complete opposite trajectory.
🤐

Edit actuy wtf is this thread, is it for plot spoilers or something else
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:48 pm

I don’t know I just wanted to post my images somewhere

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

Ok, but what's the deal with the spoiler I mentioned

🤐Is the symbiote stuff part of some clinical trial or is it keeping its host alive (symbiotic relationship) while Norman looks for a cure.

Also for sure this means that Venom is a sub-villain in the same manner as Martin Li, with a vengful Goblin out to protect his son when Peter/Miles start to fight him
🤐

Can this be general spoiler thread?
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am

It’s hard to say what is up with that character. They talk about it being a genetic disorder, which has never been the case with the Symbiote. In fact the Symbiote has helped stave off cancer and turned legless characters into superheroes so what they do with this could be different, but who knows.

With Ock’s illness that is destroying he’s body that’s what happens in Superior Spider-Man. I think there is great potential in that Ock takes over Peter’s body and Miles has to stop him and perhaps kill him, leaving him the only Spider-Man

I’m the ultimate universe that version of Venom did kill Miles’s mum so it’s possible that Harry kills Miles’s mum, Miles tries to kill him, Peter tries to save he’s friend, all sorts could happen, really.

Although the thought of Harry being Venom in that tank never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am

My read of it is he had locked in syndrome, like the kind that Octavius was developing. The Stephen Hawkins disease. But because his brain remains 'healthy' while the rest of his neural network does not he can connect to this symbiote thing leaving the hand on the glass, communicating with his father.

That's what I imagined was going on there. They will not find a cure for his illness and he will just live in that symbiote stuff. He won't be himself though and won't be able to be kept in the preservation tube and Norman will have to protect him when things go wrong

I thought the earlier stuff with Octavius was really good. I thought he had some sort of stress-induced illness with all the weird physical reactions he was having to his failed experiments but of course losing motor functions makes more sense. It also begs the question of why a total of three people in Norman's life have developed an illness like that (they weren't very specific with the wife but they seemed to imply the same thing with her).

It's more than just 'exposure to radiation' I think because then why isn't Norman sick as well.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:18 am

Basically anything could happen with Harry. I think are purposefully unspecific with what he has and what he’s mum had in case they change their mind later

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am

Also I liked Ock throughout the game. I thought both he’s relationship with Peter started off lame, got good and then soured with the whole “I idolised you!” And then Ock basically saying great power, great responsibility and we should lord over all who don’t have power like yuck

I get what they were going for, but I just don’t think that particular element stuck the landing despite improvement from the beginning of the game

And they killed May, why :(

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:28 am

Also they let me play the entire game in the classic spidey suit the whole game, even used it in cutscenes, until right st the end they make me wear not only the dumb octopus armour but then their crappy spidey suit underneath. That is a major part of what I don’t like about the ending

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 am

I was annoyed they made me use that 'recharge power up' and not the far superior electric guitar.

I never even use the gadgets other than basic web. I don't care about recharging drones or whatever.

Let me destroy Doctor Octopus with righteous sound
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Web bombs are great for dealing with lots of guys quickly. Not only does it web everybody up but has some push back on it as well, so some enemies immediately get webbed to walls and stuff.

There’s a really weird anti gravity gadget you can get which is fun but so not Spider-Man it’s a bit odd.

And the best ones are the web mines but they’re strangely fickle.

But I had max everything anyway and a mod that refilled gadgets upon taking damage so I really didn’t need their shit and wanted to win in the classic Spider-Man costume.

On reflection I’m not sure if I think the actual plot to this game is good, but what I actually like are the character moments. Basically everyone has at least one and the Peter and MJ stuff is so Ross and Rachel but still really fun and was my favourite thread in the narrative

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 pm

That's kind of it for me. Ordinary, predictable story but strong characters.

I think they crammed in a bit too much with all the other villains at the end but apparently that's a team up that happens all the time (sinister 6).

Some of the B-Tier villain cast should be kept for the sequel, like Fisk.

One thing that bugged me with story is all that Sable stuff felt very shoehorned. I'm not sure who that character is but the whole thing started to feel like Half Life 2 all of a sudden and not what I imagine Spider-Man to be.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Silver Sable is a princess of some fictional country but also the leader of her mercenary group. I forget what they’re called. Wild Pack, maybe? But whatever, her group is never this big. It’s literally just a handful of guys and her. They take contract jobs but usually to get one person not to ‘secure’ New York City. I really liked her portrayal in this game, she was believably tough.

One of my other problems with the story is when small time characters like Spider-Man and Doc Ock are like “We’re going to change the world!” Not only is it cliche as fuk but also no you won’t. You live in a world where there are super people and super scientists almost around every corner. Also again this is why Spider-Man doesn’t save the city. It’s just too big. Spider-Man works at its best when he is fighting for he’s and someone else’s life in a back alley or in a sewer or something against someone he can’t beat and can only out smart.

But maybe this is what you do when you make an open world game. Just by the nature of the game you have to include the city.

Also I know people will have problems with th bosses in this game. But fighting two bad guys at the same time? I loved that. It was a bit easy, sure, but just really joyous as well. In fact I liked all the boss fights in the game, particularly in the 3rd act