The Pokemon Thread

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am

And everyone knows the best gen 2 Pokemon is

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Oddish rumours about the next Pokemon game around right now (See what I did there?)

Apparently the title for Switch is a “brand new take” on Pokemon Red and Blue. Fair. But Pallet town is described as a “Town that once produced a famous Pokemon trainer, but has been submerged under the sea for 100’s of years”

Hmm...

These two bits of info seem really conflicting with each other and I don’t understand how that would work. How are you going to Wind Walker Kanto and then be like “It’s a whole new take”. Like yeah you can say that again.

Oddish. Very oddish.

regemond

Post by regemond » Mon May 14, 2018 7:42 am

IGN Review (just replace Hoenn with Kanto):

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 am

I their defense I always found those segments rather annoying as well, particularly combined with all the stuff you needed to properly navigate it (surf, cascade and dive on water and then some more HMs when you arrived at an island).

Getting rid of that was the best thing Sun & Moon did.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon May 14, 2018 11:36 am

So being super nit picky, getting rid of the HM’s is a brilliant move but at the same time it breaks the fiction because one trainer is supposed to only have 6 Pokemon with them at any one time

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon May 14, 2018 11:43 am

Using surf with an Azurill kind of breaks the fiction as well.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am

I mean so does Wooper learning ice punch, but I can forgive the little things

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Pokémon Let’s go Eevee and Let’s go Pikachu have been trademarked:

https://twitter.com/pokekalos/status/99 ... 99936?s=21
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

There was an article about this up on Eurogamer today about the rumours.

So apparently this is supposed to crib in some way from Pokemon Go. Which I guess depends on how it’s implemented. I refuse to leave the house. I know how that sounds but having to leave the home, it isn’t not happening.

Hopefully they’re just fitting the word ‘Go’ in there somewhere because Pokemon Go was by all measure an entertainment phenomenon.

There’s also apparently a screenshot but it seems to look like a 3DS game? Either there Switch game is super lazy tech wise or they are going to squeeze out 2 more 3DS games until the Switch one is done. I would not be offended by that but I think like everyone what I want is Pokemon Switch.

Also, and this is my own theory, Pikachu and Eevee are obviously less obvious Pokemon to have be the mascots for the new games when Charizard and Blastoise were on those red and blue boxes, but dependant on what they’re doing Pikachu and Eevee could work for a Kanto region thing because in Pokemon Yellow those were the starters. I can’t quite work out what that means for these new games at all but that could be the link as to why Pikachu and Eevee.

Interesting overall, I think

big mean bunny

Post by big mean bunny » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

I hope it isn't Pokemon Go related, I never tried that as had zero interest and despite being a usual Pokemon luddite I was actually quite into the idea of getting this. Only one I've ever played really was Blue and do fondly remember that.

DifferentClass

Post by DifferentClass » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm
Also, and this is my own theory, Pikachu and Eevee are obviously less obvious Pokemon to have be the mascots for the new games when Charizard and Blastoise were on those red and blue boxes, but dependant on what they’re doing Pikachu and Eevee could work for a Kanto region thing because in Pokemon Yellow those were the starters. I can’t quite work out what that means for these new games at all but that could be the link as to why Pikachu and Eevee.
I think also the reason they picked Pikachu and Eevee to front the games is because they are probably mostly seen on chains hanging off Japanese Girls' smartphones.

I don't mind them implementing some of Go's mechanics. I heard that one of the things that may be implemented is how you catch Pokemon in Go, and it isn't that different to how you do it traditionally. I just hope they don't implement the battle mechanics from Go because they are kinda sucky.

I played Go quite a lot, in fact, I only stopped because the screen on my phone malfunctioned. When my contract renews and I get a new phone I'm kinda looking forward to installing it again.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 am

I’m up to 139 Pokemon in Pokemon Red. I am almost a Pokemon Master.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 25, 2018 10:39 am

We are, potentially, around 2 week’s away from knowing what Pokemon Switch is and will look like

Oh god

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm not sure if they're going to show it this year. Pokémon is strong enough on its own, they might just do a proper Pokémon direct later this year.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 pm

What is this shit?

This why Toxpex is S-Rank. Ridiculous.