•Claire Costume: “Military”
•Claire Costume: “Noir”
•Claire Costume: “Elza Walker”

Ensure the undead stay undead with a special weapon:
•Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”

And bring on the nostalgia with classic tunes:
•“Original Version” Soundtrack Swap

Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
•An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!

“Ben’s File” Art Book
•A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.

Digital Soundtrack
•A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.

“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
•A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Re: Resident Evil 2

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:04 pm

How Capcom’s powerful RE Engine rebuilt Resident Evil 2

Feature : https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07 ... coon-city/
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:04 am

Maybe it’s just my perception but I feel like this is a game that should be gargantuan but is receiving little to no attention.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am

I'm trying to remain calm about it. 2 is one of my favourite games not just one of the Evils.

I was expecting an HD remaster but this is a straight up remake. What they've changed and how it'll play is still up in the air but it looks reeeeeally good. Ho moma it looks good.

That's enough excitement for now.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 am

It's just a very safe looking remake that will make enough people happy but realy isn't taking enough risks to be truly that interesting.

You watch that gameplay demo and you know exactly what this is. RE4 without enemy ammo spawns in RE2'S sscenario and done in RE7 engine.
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 am

Ah classic original Dwarf 😏

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

I didn't mean it in a bad way. 😟

VII was doing something truly new for the series, taking a big risk on a new format in the process. RE2 is playing it safe. So hype might be a bit muted cause there ain't much that looks new here.

But safe isn't always bad.
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah but I think they'll take VIII in the same direction as VII. This being a remake of a beloved classic I guess they wanted to give people the imagined feels of it playing like 4, like people did back in the day.

This way the remakes don't muddy the water of the new direction and fans of both styles get some service. I much prefer Resi of old myself.

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am
I was expecting an HD remaster but this is a straight up remake.
I've seen you write this a few times in various places and it confuses me everytime, did you expect them to just up the resolution of the original PS2 game?

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 am

Not as crass as that. Something more along the lines of the REmake for the original Resident Evil where it's given a visual overhaul and some extra bits like an anniversary edition kinda thing. It plays the same it just looks a lot better on modern TV's. I think 2 and 3 would gain benefit from that.

This is a full on remake. It will play very different to the original.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:41 am

Demos for this and DMCV will be at Gamescom.

Mary you got a job to do.
🌚

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

@onetwo....

The Remake of the first game is just that, a remake... Remade from the ground up for a new generation of machines. Yeah, it retains more of the original game than Resi 2 does but it's still a remake.

Something like The Last of Us or God of War 3 on PS4, those are hd remasters.

Resident Evil 2 was always gonna be a remake, after all it's jumping three generations of consoles, I suppose it's up to the director just how much of those original beats make it into the game, same could be said of the FF VII remake.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:47 pm

I know I know, it's called REmake it's pretty on the nose. I thought you'd been around in the previous discussions on the thing, otherwise I get the confusion.

I call it a remaster largely because it's like playing the original but better visually. It's a quirky distinction I make as REmake plays very close to the original. It's ideal for someone to play today and not need to play the original. To take your Final Fantasy VII as an example, it is in no way the same. Fans of the original might aswell not bother other than playing something that might trigger some nostalgia or whatever.

I'd like a nicer version of Resi 2 to be made like REmake. There's no reason they couldn't - it would sell. They obviously decided to go a more ambitious route with it. Which I'm partly ok with as when I played Resi 4 I thought to myself ' I wonder how Resi 2 would play like this'. Much like I wondered how MGS would play with spruced up graphics and modern day controls, and they gave me Twin Snakes. Which was great.

So yeah. That's my meaning.

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:25 pm

In other words you like to make defining things more difficult than it needs to be... :wink:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm

I think remaster are rip offs and remakes are cool but as much as I don’t have any attachment to Resident Evil a reimagining is a very exciting thing. That might be the best alternative of the 3, really.