Resident Evil 2

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
*OneTwo*

Re: Resident Evil 2

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 am

Why did you not play it at the time you silly sausage?

It does look good. I'm not sure how much is going to be with the Torch. That's my only issue. I'd like to see more gameplay obviously. Perhaps some Redfield now we've seen a bit of Leon.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:11 am

Capcom are suing people and copyright striking anyone who shows that picture of Ada which just leaked

That is hilarious, Streisand effect anyone? Why aren't they been this hard on the DMCV leaks I wonder considering major stuff has already been revealed of that game.

RE is more important I suppose but this is literally the opposite of a spoiler, it's Ada in RE2 ffs.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuAM-b7m3iw

Tryna formulate a response but I still think a lot of the excitement here is really reserved for those folk who played it back then.

It looks good but I'm too late to the party I suppose to really get hype.

Best thing I think is that the infected cop is an actual character now, as is the weird taxidermy police chief.
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm sort of looking forward to it, mostly to close a knowledge gap. It looks really impressive as well. Out of all the Japanese developers Capcom has really stayed on top of its tech this generation. Between this and DMCV their realistic style is really impressive.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 am

Noir Claire

Gameplay
https://youtu.be/3VSb91YO2bw

The detail on those lickers is crazy, looks like the body exhibition.

I notice that Capcom really like showing off tons of their games now. We've seen tons of Dante's weapons in DMC and they keep showing off all the enemy types in RE. We've already seen the first encounter with Birkin as well.

REVII didn't get this kind of exposure. I wonder if they think showing more means more sales or something
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 am

They're definitely up there as the most competent Japanese studio for putting out great visuals at the moment. Both this and DMC5 look ridiculously good.

I've never played RE2 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this one up. They're putting a lot of effort into this and as a bona fide hater of RE5 and RE6 I probably should play this just to make sure I'm not a hypocrite.

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:12 am

Anyone else slightly disappointed it’s not being done in the same way the original Remake was?
Don’t get me wrong it looks great, but I was really hoping it’d keep the fixed angles and old tank controls with amazing looking environments. I absolutely loved the GC/HD REmake and wanted more.

Zero doesn’t count because of the annoying item management between 2 characters

PSN - Nick_2k7

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 am

I came late to the classic games so I've not got the same attachment. I get why people want the remake to be like that, but it seems sort of redundant to me and I actually think the same mechanics can be achieved without stuff like having it so you can't see what the character should be able to see.

But honestly this game just sort of looks like a really lavish version of those Revelations games. The big moments in RE2 are seeing Birkin, that first licker encounter and the weird trenchcoat Mister X guy. They've already shown off the licker and Birkin, it's kind of hard to get super hype for what this looks like. I know it's a remake but what exactly is new here.

I kind of wish they would do the first person thing again like in VII. That's one good way of having the camera angle limitations, where its' the stuff behind you that sneaks up on you instead of the stuff in front.
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

mfnick wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:12 am
Anyone else slightly disappointed it’s not being done in the same way the original Remake was?
Don’t get me wrong it looks great, but I was really hoping it’d keep the fixed angles and old tank controls with amazing looking environments. I absolutely loved the GC/HD REmake and wanted more.

Zero doesn’t count because of the annoying item management between 2 characters
Take a look back you'll see I share a similar sentiment. I saw a RE2 Remake as something that brought the original to a new audience with a nice HD makeover that REmake got. REmake isn't great just because it looks nicer. It plays pretty much the same and that's because they are great games.

I like VII. Largely because it's a drastic change from the way the series was heading. Thankfully. It doesn't mean it's how I want my Resi tho.

Still I like what I've seen so far of this remake. A good Resi is better than no Resi 😊

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am

You be playing Destiny anyway

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:14 am

Theres only a few that will tear me away. This is one. Unless it gets abysmal reception.

Got Spidey ready. Red Dead soon.

Nearly done for now 😌

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:57 pm

This is pulling 9's and 10's across the board, mark my words.

This is being marketed purely on nostalgia in my opinion which is why we're seeing these reveals... The Licker is pretty much the iconic enemy from RE2, it makes sense to show the creature, we already know the place where it makes an appearance has changed so in that respect nothing is spoiled. In regards Birkin, that looks like his first stage mutation to me, there's what? two or three more... again I wouldn't say anything has been spoiled so far... Especially for people who have history with the game.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:41 pm

This is one of my favourite games. Not just Resi. So I'll be hyper critical if it falls short anywhere.

But, I'm hyped for it. Hell it's poised to pull me away from Destiny 😆 so....