Cyberpunk 2077.

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
shinymcshine

Re: Cyberpunk 2077.

Post by shinymcshine » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Well I suppose the thing is that you can just bung on a whole lot of lore into a codex, which no-one has to read, and claim its authentic.

I think it's more about the feel of the gameplay, and whether that translates the right structure and atmosphere from the Cyberpunk source, and for me, a shoot a whole bunch FPS probably isn't.
Last edited by shinymcshine on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Be careful now. Just because it's FPS, don't naturally assume it's just constantly shooting stuff.
You can still do alot of exploration in FP perspective.
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 am

With the rise of indies I feel there have been more non-shooting first-person games than classic FPS titles these last years. Plus as I said, if Cyberpunk is even remotely going to play like Deus Ex, you will either shoot very rarely or not at all.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:53 am

I'm hoping it isn't going to be all shooty shooty
If it is, then it'll just blend into all the other FPS games there are.
With the addition of VR, FPS games are in a great position for player immersion - so expand on that! :)
Not just run, gun, point, shoot :roll:

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 am

I don't particularly care what viewpoint it is. This looks stylish as **** and I want it. I want it now!

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm

My thoughts exactly :wink:

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Journalist Brags About Leaking Cyberpunk 2077 Demo Audio, Then Complains He Got in Trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJltTi_cZUw

:| prat.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Cyberpunk 2077’s New Screenshots Show Off More Of Its Gritty Dystopian Setting

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/21/cy ... 1um3yBp.99
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay was Incredible - The most detailed game ever.

Jakefrags : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8dQK1h-zw

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:41 pm

So... CD Projekt Red has started up a livestream today over on its official Twitch channel, and we've embedded it above. The stream has been live for hours, and the title reads "DATA TRANSMISSION IN PROGRESS_". Cleary it's to do with Cyberpunk 2077, but the stream isn't actually showing much -- it's just lines and lines and lines of code, with new code being added every half second or so.

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

We assume it's all leading up to something, but there's no word on how long the stream will last. Could a gameplay reveal be incoming?

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Today, following a mysterious livestream showing thousands of strings of code, CD Projekt RED finally unveiled the first look at the gameplay of its upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077.

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

We get to see a large chunk of gameplay with a female V as the protagonist (a male player character, also named V, can be selected).

Incidentally, this is exactly the same gameplay that has been showcased behind-closed-doors to press at E3 and in a slightly extended version at Gamescom.

Chinese UN Mission.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:17 am

Now don't get me wrong, this looks really nice and ticks a lot of right boxes for me and I'll definitely play it when it comes out but after the entire 'that gameplay man!' hyperbole I can't help but feel a little disappointed because this is basically just Deus Ex with prettier graphics and nudity. Which isn't a bad thing of course but I don't know why journalists always hype stuff fr their gameplay when they're obviously just impressed by the visual fidelity.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 am

Journalists saw a very exclusive demo which probably isn't even indicative of the final released product considering how tight-lipped they were about showing it to the public. Probably ran it on Blakey's PC or something.

Like remember how Witcher III looked in previews and the general downgrades that had to happen to get it out on systems that most people actually own.

Part of me wishes it would just get delayed to PS5 and we just get that super version of the game. I want to Bladerunner it up.
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

Yeah but that only proves my point. The only thing about The Witcher III that got 'worse' during development were the graphics. In fact the very reason the graphics got worse because they implemented more systems and features using up hardware resources in the process. So in terms of gameplay, whatever they first showed off, couldn't have been very impressive.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 am

Projekt Red are more about stories and their presentation anyway. They never have good gameplay systems

But like we could just have this exact same discussion about Shenmue, the gameplay in that fucking sucks it's all about how it looks and the little details and stuff.
🌚