Far Cry 5 |OT| Trumpocide

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Blakey

Far Cry 5 |OT| Trumpocide

Post by Blakey » Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Platform: Xbox one, PC, PS4
Release Date: February 27th, 2018.

Teaser Trailer:

https://youtu.be/OLqeAH5D1uo

Full Length reveal trailer:
https://youtu.be/sxav5An1sAs
Last edited by Blakey on Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon May 22, 2017 6:10 pm

So set in middle America, full of religious nutters who all voted for Trump :lol:
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

bellow

Post by bellow » Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm

I recently bought a barge pole, purely so I could avoid touching Ubisoft open world games with it.
Is it on the Switch?

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 pm

bellow wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm
I recently bought a barge pole, purely so I could avoid touching Ubisoft open world games with it.
I enjoy Ubisoft games, but I find I can only play 1 of them a year (maybe two) since they end up getting so repetitive later in the game. I loved Far Cry 4, mainly just doing a mix of stealth, action and using the environment to my advantage but the lack of variety hurt the game in its twilight hours since it never really moved on from the first few hours. Once I had the best gear, excellent weapons and levelled up my skills the game didn't offer anything new other than endless collectables and the same half dozen objectives over and over again. As I said, excellent game, just a bit too repetitive after a while. The bow rocked though :mrgreen:

I assume FC5 will affect me in the same way, so its not a day 1 purchase for me, but I'm sure I'll get round to playing it next year at the latest.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 pm

bellow wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm
This makes me sad, Ubisoft make some damn fantastic games.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thought the trailer was fantastic, real No Country for Old Men/Fargo vibes to it.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 pm

MFGamers Twitter

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 pm

Only thing that bothers me in that poster is the dude tied up. Makes it look too much like the Far Cry 4 poster (where they had Pagen Minh torturing some poor sod). Sounds like an interesting concept from what I read, kinda reminds me of Resident Evil 7's Baker family, well bar the virus that is! I'll be interested to see what the reveal is like on Friday.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Far Cry 5’s first trailer welcomes you to the dangerous world of Eden’s Gate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuf-BzHCQs
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Fri May 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Release date is February 27th, 2018.
MFGamers Twitter

Maryokutai

Re: Far Cry 5 |OT| Trumpocide

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 26, 2017 7:23 pm

While I'd gladly murder some religious fanatics I can't bring myself to play a first-person UbiSoft Open World game ever. Still, kudos for the premise, that's going to backfire in some countries for sure.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Fri May 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Maryokutai wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 7:23 pm
While I'd gladly murder some religious fanatics I can't bring myself to play a first-person UbiSoft Open World game ever. Still, kudos for the premise, that's going to backfire in some countries for sure.
Shame, they make some fantastic games but you won't be able to judge for yourself unless you play one.

Think it's a bit silly ruling out an entire publisher's games collection myself. There's publishers I'm more wary of sure, but I'll always play them myself and make my own judgement rather than listen to the vocal hordes on the internet.
MFGamers Twitter

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri May 26, 2017 8:12 pm

I think if you've never played a Far Cry game it's easy to get 10-12 hours of fun fucking around taking outposts. They do play well, they're just samey.

My FarCry 4 playthrough ended fairly early but I feel I got my money's worth. But then I got it for a tenner.
🌚

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Fri May 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Yeah, they're a good laugh, I've still not played FC4, bought the Kyrat Edition for £15 on PC a few Xmas' ago but never got round to it, FC3 was fucking amazing though.
MFGamers Twitter

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Blakey wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:00 pm
Maryokutai wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 7:23 pm
Shame, they make some fantastic games but you won't be able to judge for yourself unless you play one.

Think it's a bit silly ruling out an entire publisher's games collection myself. There's publishers I'm more wary of sure, but I'll always play them myself and make my own judgement rather than listen to the vocal hordes on the internet.

The thing is I don't even have enough time to play games I'm really interested in, so why play something that I'm just barely interested in? Plus I have played enough AC games to know that something with even less meaningful ways to interact with its world is never going to keep me motivated to the end. I'll keep an open mind about the next AC but that's about as much UbiSoft Open World I'm willing to tackle during the next two years. Plus there's just something about these blockbuster-made-for-everyone-games that puts me off. I'd rather play a smaller unpolished game with an identity than some corporate million dollar title made by 300 people. Which I guess brings me back to my first sentence.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Fri May 26, 2017 9:49 pm

I've played enough Ubi games to know what they'll play like. Thing is they have too, surely, change it up at some point. I'll wait till someone I trust tells me it's worth trying again otherwise, with my time available, there's much better stuff to play.