Marvel X Square Enix

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
maf-me-quick

Marvel X Square Enix

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm

So there was a "big" announcement today that Square and more specifically Crystal Dynamics are making an Avengers game and other games based on Marvel franchises. Apparently there will be more details in 2018.

What?

maf-me-quick

Re: Marvel X Square Enix

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Obviously it depends on the game, but I can't think of a single game where the player gets to plays as multiple distinct characters and it's all good.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:47 am

I'm pissed because that means the rumors that CD isn't developing the next Tomb Raider are true. And I really don't want that.

Avengers can go either way. There's a bunch of great people involved in it development so it'll probably be decent. Plus it's not a Lego game which is a good thing as well. But yeah, they messed with Lara, I won't forgive.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 am

A super boring announcement that can only be fixed by a follow up saying that Marvel and Star Wars are also in Kingdom Hearts III or something.

Cuz then you could have Donald Duck and Spiderman on the Death Star and that's the wonderful kind of stupidity I miss from the Kingdom Hearts games I actually bothered to play.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 pm

I wouldn't say it is inherently boring, just far too early. We don't even know what type of game it will be. More in 2018? Why announce in January 2017? Feel like this is a play on Square's part to boost share prices

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Still more excited about Spider-Man PS4, though. Simply because at last I know what that game has the intention of being. What is this? Is it an action game? Is it multiple games? Is it something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Is it Marvel in Kingdom Hearts? What's the gameplay? What's the time frame? This announcement was far too early.

At the very least Sega's not doing it any more. Sega's movie games were awful