The Kickstarter thread

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
sleepery jeem

Re: The Kickstarter thread

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Looks like its gonna be PC only i'm afraid, he says it will make it to console after feedback from PC players but i'm not holding out to much hope to be honest.

:| and i'm pretty certain the collectors edition with figurine will be a no show either way.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 pm

Just got a mail today that development of Fear Effect Sedna is complete. Really looking forward to that one, looks like a sweet little tactic/stealth mix.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun May 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Swery65 is a notable name in the video game industry from his just-legally-distinct-enough-from-Twin-Peaks cult classic Deadly Premonition to the lesser known and sadly incomplete D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die.

Now, his quirky new animal-based adventure The Good Life has successfully been funded on Kickstarter and has released a new story trailer, which you can watch below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8RU2nToqk
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu May 24, 2018 4:51 pm

So Bloodstained is out on Switch today. I didn’t expect it to look so NES like. I feel like I have seen this game before and it had modern looking 2D graphics and whatnot but it’s all fake 8-bit by the looks.

Kind of massively puts me off playing it?

Not that I really have room for it anyway. But that does hurt it in my opinion

regemond

Post by regemond » Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 am

Isn't that the spinoff? Isn't there a full version coming out too?

Edit: Yep - the full one is Ritual of the Night: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstai ... _the_Night

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am

Yeah, the 8bit game is more classic Castlevania while the Kickstarter-funded 'big' game is a straight Metroidvania à la Symphony of the Night.

I love classic Castlevania but I hate 8bit aesthetics so I'm not sure yet. The other one is a day one purchase for sure though.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

Oh, right. Well that was confusing. Makes me feel better about this Switch release, though. Will have to keep an eye on reviews

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

How can you hate 8-bit?! Mary, pass me your video game license. I’m going to need to stamp it.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 pm

It was cool when Mega-Man 9 did it.

Stopped being cool after those 5000 indie games with the same look that came out since.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:48 pm

:shock: holy c#ap on a cracker he's almost done.....maybe a year....3 at the most :roll:

Kickstarter Update #77

Happy 5 year Anniversary, Friend!

5 years ago. from this exact day, I came to Kickstarter as a young developer with a dream: to make a fun game inspired by the classics I loved from my childhood. At first I just planned to find a way to fund Soul Saga's development, but through Kickstarter I found much more. I found support, I found friends, and most importantly: I found a reason to live. Without you, I wouldn't have had the motivation to continue.

In a previous post I covered some of what I've had to sacrifice to keep working on Soul Saga. Since then, I left my entire life behind to return to the exact place I started Soul Saga: my parent's basement. I haven't left the farm since I got here half a year ago, because every waking moment has been dedicated to working on Soul Saga. It's been a long journey with a lot of pain and heartbreak... and if I had the chance to start over, I'd do it all again.

I set out to make a love letter to JRPG classics and ended up making a love letter to you, my friends. From the first moment I wake up, to the last moment I fall asleep, my only goal is to one day see you proud of the game you and I have created together. This is why I've been gathering your feedback and applying it to Soul Saga. I'm making this game for you, and it's you that has pushed Soul Saga to be the best game it can be.

Earlier this year I had hoped to have Soul Saga finished by July. Since then I have done nearly nothing but work on Soul Saga. While I haven't been able to completely finish it yet, I've gotten a lot done. However, after a lifetime of combating mental health diseases and the past 5 years pushing me beyond limits, it's become very obvious that toiling away alone will not be a feasible way to handle the remainder of Soul Saga's development. It's time that we try something new.

Early Access in July

Lately I've been looking back on the past 5 years of Soul Saga's development cycle and analyzing my own personal strengths and weaknesses to plan a realistic route to Soul Saga's completion. What I've found is that the most valuable strength I have isn't from within myself... it's you. Soul Saga could never have been as polished as it is today without your feedback and support. And the only way I can complete Soul Saga is if you can help me figure out the best way to utilize what its world has to offer. And we'll do that through early access.

In July I will be releasing Soul Saga in an early access state. At the moment it's not nearly the game it can be or the game that you truly deserve, but with you and I working together, one day it will be.

I've created a (mostly) spoiler-free public roadmap on Trello so that you can follow along with Soul Saga's development, understand the priority ranking of different tasks, and have a stronger understanding of exactly what's left. With a complex game like Soul Saga, pieces are always moving and changing, so a live kanban styled roadmap is a great way to deliver that information to you.

https://trello.com/b/qG44jv8L/soul-saga-public-roadmap

:| hmm seems he has shelved a console release for now to concentrate on PC.

Erika Christakis.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:51 pm

He sounds fucking nuts

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Pokémon-Like MMO Temtem Is Coming to PS4

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0X31Ncwcg

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – Story Trailer | PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e25cswlZr10

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm

8) this is out today and I kinda like the look of it, a full action JRPG side on like Y's used to be.

Chasm, a beautiful platforming adventure 6 years in the making, hits PS4 today

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqIIQJkoyA

Feature : https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07 ... ps4-today/

Erika Christakis.