The Kickstarter thread

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Maryokutai

Re: The Kickstarter thread

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:08 am

Yeah, apparently they're going to announce something 'big' at this San Diego (?) Sonic festival. Could just be a new comic or a Rouge love pillow though. You never know with SEGA.
Killer_Carp wrote:Since leaving Capcom, Inafune has created Soul Sacrifice, Yaiba, Sweet Fuse, Bugs vs Tanks, ReCore, Mighty no.9 and Gun Volt. One of those games ReCore is not out yet and the others are not great games. I fully believe Kamiya-san when he said on Twitter that Inafune is "a business man, not a creator". I will not buy a game from Comcept ever again and Inafune is an overrated hack who does not deserve his "golden cow" status that some gamers give to him.
To be fair, Gunvolt is pretty good. Probably the better Mighty Nr. 9 all things considered.
But yeah, his reputation is pretty much the only thing keeping him afloat at this point and you have to wonder how many avergae games he has to make until that reputation goes down the drain.

I'm planning on getting Recore though. Mostly because there's Metroid Prime people involved.

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:22 am

Maryokutai wrote:To be fair, Gunvolt is pretty good. Probably the better Mighty Nr. 9 all things considered.
But yeah, his reputation is pretty much the only thing keeping him afloat at this point and you have to wonder how many avergae games he has to make until that reputation goes down the drain.

I'm planning on getting Recore though. Mostly because there's Metroid Prime people involved.
He definitely treading silicon knights/dyack territory with me. He burnt pretty much all his bridges in Japan and I'm not sure who would want to work with him outside of inti creates and western devs.
Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Kick Off Revival - First Look - Nostalgia OVERLOAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzh_rLqB2gg
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.
We used to call this bigotry.
Now we call this being woke.

Andrew Sullivan

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:56 am

There is a new FPS on Kickstarter that looks very interesting. Developed by Korean developer PlayCastle the games hook is the weapons have multi-barrels allowing you to aim each barrel, basically multi-aiming. Looks really fricken' cool, but not sure if it will reach it's 2mil funding mark.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... nav_search
Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Killer_Carp wrote:There is a new FPS on Kickstarter that looks very interesting. Developed by Korean developer PlayCastle the games hook is the weapons have multi-barrels allowing you to aim each barrel, basically multi-aiming. Looks really fricken' cool, but not sure if it will reach it's 2mil funding mark.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... nav_search
:| Hmm...the obvious flaw in the makers logic is why would you use anything other than the concentrated fire option, if you found four guys in front of you and spread your fire you'd get pummelled by the lad using 4 rounds on one target.
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:08 am

Yu Suzuki Discusses The Pressure And Logistics Of Making Shenmue III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lnJsGTC_s

In a recently published interview, Shenmue series director and producer Yu Suzuki discusses the pressure of making the highly anticipated and successfully crowdfunded Shenmue III.

Suzuki also talks about the possibility of a video that may summarize the events of Shenmue I and II. A refresher may be helpful, as he plans to include references to the previous games in Shenmue III that are more than just flashback scenes.

As far as character interactions are concerned, Suzuki continues by stating the game will easily include more than 100 NPCs. However, that number could grow to over 200 depending on the development team’s efficiency.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:29 am

WayForward has made the announcement that it is pushing back the release date for Shantae: Half Genie Hero by six weeks.

The target release date was September 27th so it’ll be nearer the end of the year when the game now actually releases. Along with this news the developers confirmed that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Shantae: Half Genie Hero has been cancelled, attributed to the fact that only 1% of the Kickstarter backers for the game chose either of those as their platforms of choice.

Shantae: Half Genie Hero is actually complete and now the main focus is rooting out bugs, and getting certifications from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Once those have been finalised the release date can be confirmed properly. Shantae: Half Genie Hero is set to be released on PS4, Vita, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:38 pm

The Kickstarter page for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has gone up with a new update, featuring sample tracks of music for the game, by Michiru Yamane, known for her work on the Castlevania series.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ig ... ts/1686739

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 am

Today Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Creative Director Koji Igarashi made a rather interesting announcement on the future of the game. The team signed with 505 Games, which will publish the 2018-bound game.

Alongside with the announcement, you can check out a new video, focused on that and on showing new gameplay. The production value of the video is also visibly improved compared to the previous ones, showing one way in which a publisher can help out Iga and his team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faV-ls5hLSc

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 am

Iga’s Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night Gets New Gameplay Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROTq4QkIyI

Last update we shared how we build the environment, so for this update, we would like to introduce you to a new stage based on that method. Previously, we shared the ship and the castle entrance. I would like to introduce you to the village this time.

As we mentioned at the beginning of our Kickstarter campaign, Bloodstained takes place in a castle! So now you’re probably thinking, “What’s this, a village?”

I thought so, too, but yes: We have a village. In the narrative, we’re still headed to the island where the castle emerged. There’s a village nearby that we’ll have to pass through on our way to the castle entrance.

As you can tell from the video, the village is red, which has nothing to do with Christmas! During the eruption of the Laki volcanic fissure in 1783 and 1784, “the afternoon sky was dark as night and red as blood,” according to a contemporary saying from Hampshire, England. So we tried to express that in the afternoon scene you see here.

Building your visuals from a piece of historical data makes the world more realistic. (The internet is so useful!) The village is also under the demons’ attack, so of course there will be enemies here. We are also planning to put a shop here to support the player, and you’ll find Johannes, who we introduced previously, here too.

:? not sure I see a point to such empty updates.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:14 pm

:shock: you know it had slipped my mind I have two KS running, this is the first ive heard from either in months.

Project Update #72: Soul Saga, the first 3D J-RPG on Kickstarter! by Disastercake

Development

Development with Soul Saga is going well. Before the end of last year I had a draft of the main story loop implemented, but now I am going back and reworking quite a bit of it. Perfectionism has taken a toll on Soul Saga's timeline, and I am sincerely sorry for that. I really wanted to launch last year, but I knew more polish was necessary to get you the game you deserve. However this will be the last major pass I do on the main storyline implementation, and after that I will work on the side content before shipping Soul Saga off to you. As an estimate I would say later in 2017 is a reasonable time frame for the remaining polish and content I want to add, which is really just a fraction of what I've already put into Soul Saga over these years. However, I always put quality before anything else, so please hold on with me while I finish scaling this mountain called "Game Development" the way it was meant to be climbed.

Airship beta : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWC5hF4IDZg

You can find the Soul Saga page on GOG.com here: https://www.gog.com/game/soul_saga (Add it to your wishlist, JRPG GOG fans!)

:| hmm no mention of console versions yet.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Composer Michiru Yamane Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvonPDiwPo

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon May 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Introducing PS4’s next rhythm-action hero: Project Rap Rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CymeVW0EZoo

The creators of PaRappa The Rapper and Gitaroo Man join forces for an all-new adventure

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46 ... king-title

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was a smash hit over on Kickstarter when it was first revealed back in 2015. The project was funded incredibly quickly, but for how long it's been in development, we haven't seen too much of the Castlevania clone. And what we have actually seen of it hasn't looked especially polished, either.

The game's slated for a 2018 release on PlayStation 4 and Vita, but going by legendary developer Koji Igarashi's latest comments, we may be lucky to see it make next year. Speaking to Famitsu, Igarashi admits the title is only 20 to 30 per cent complete. We think it's safe to say that we all expected it to be a little further along by now.

Andrew Sullivan

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was a smash hit over on Kickstarter when it was first revealed back in 2015. The project was funded incredibly quickly, but for how long it's been in development, we haven't seen too much of the Castlevania clone. And what we have actually seen of it hasn't looked especially polished, either.

The game's slated for a 2018 release on PlayStation 4 and Vita, but going by legendary developer Koji Igarashi's latest comments, we may be lucky to see it make next year. Speaking to Famitsu, Igarashi admits the title is only 20 to 30 per cent complete. We think it's safe to say that we all expected it to be a little further along by now.
Wonder what's taking it so long. I'd laugh my ass off if Shenmue III gets released before this. I'm also waiting for the Vita cancellation, getting the feeling it won't get released for it in the end.