The PS4 Thread

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Blakey

Re: The PS4 Thread

Post by Blakey » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Yeah, it's more of a thing you get out once a month for a few days than something you'll be playing everyday.

I wouldn't play everyday for 3-4 hours like with 2D games even if I wanted to as VR knackers you out so much, Superhot VR was by far the biggest workout I've had in years, I was drenched in sweat afterwards - nice 8) .

I'll always play 'regular' games too, apart from Skyrim VR it's just not possible to get the same kind of multi-hour cinematic experiences with complex systems yet like we have with regular games.

But, there are still games of worth right now and there will be even more in 2018. You just have to have an open mind and give them a chance, half the games I would've dismissed right out the gate like Job Simulator were a ton of fun on the demo disc 2 and I bought some of them as a result.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:53 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:36 pm
PS Plus January 2018 Free PS4 Games Potentially Leaked Early

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7 ... anuary_eu/

A screen grab circulating on Reddit shows the first season of Telltale’s excellent episodic Batman adaptation and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Confirmed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehtQcs8HqIY

January’s line-up will be rounded off with two additional titles each for PS3 and PS Vita. The final rundown is as follows:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
That’s You! (PS Plus bonus – PlayLink)
Sacred 3 (PS3)
Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS Vita)
Uncanny Valley (PS Vita & PS4)
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.
We used to call this bigotry.
Now we call this being woke.

Andrew Sullivan

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:11 pm

One of the things that I noticed (when I had my PSNow trial) was that several of the games on there had previously appeared as PS+ games (inc. Until Dawn PS4). Did they announce this as a tie in or is it just a coincidence ?

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:38 am

How was PS Now?
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:37 pm

therealjaxon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:38 am
How was PS Now?
It was alright, I got the occasional "poor connection" symbol, but I was WiFi connected rather than their recommendation of using a cable (my WiFi speed varies from 40-60 Mbps usually). Hence with Heavy Rain it wasn't too much of an issue, not sure on Shadow of the Collosus though as to whether that was a bit 'less fluid' due to connection or just the game conversion (I moved on after struggling with camera & controls after 1 hr).

For me the appeal is to play the PS3 exclusives that I'd missed last gen (when I was 360). I actually considered signing up for another month but then I unexpectedly got a Switch. You just sign up month at a time after the 7 day trial.

There were quite a few PS4 games on there too, and a decent selection of other games.

The only gripe (similar to PS+ games, and some other digital content) is the lack of tutorial or any form of instructions for some of the games. Okay nowadays most things can be found online, but it reduces the pick up & play attraction.

Overall it was way better than the miserable experience I had with OnLive a few years ago.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm

So unless it's a completely fluid service, probably better to just to have a Mk1 PS3 that plays all discs :)

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 pm

therealjaxon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm
So unless it's a completely fluid service, probably better to just to have a Mk1 PS3 that plays all discs :)
Well I dunno, £12.99 gives you an awful lot of games to play, which whilst you don't physically own, is probably cheaper than me buying a PS3 and an extensive bunch of discs, plus there's a bunch of PS2 & PS4 games on there too.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Don't forget PS3 games are dirt cheap now :)

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 pm

:? could have sworn I've posted this before....maybe it was last gen.

Hori releasing a PS4 controller for people who prefer Xbox controllers

Officially licensed ‘Onyx’ gamepad available this month

The Bluetooth wireless controller doesn’t include the standard DualShock 4’s light bar (nor does it appear to have a headphone jack or built-in speaker), so PS4 owners may have to trade some function for familiarity or comfort.

The Onyx Wireless Controller from Hori is out as of Jan. 15 in the U.K.
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

1. Monster Hunter: World (open beta)

Hunters, get ready! Monster Hunter: World’s open beta launches this Friday. Try your hands at the latest instalment in Capcom’s hit franchise a week before its release and use everything at your disposal to battle gigantic monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.

Info : https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12 ... s-weekend/

And...

2. Metal Gear Survive (open beta)

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_vWz4fD1Y

Set seconds after the destruction of Mother Base in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Survive opens with Big Boss’ Militaires Sans Frontières transported to an alternate reality.

Within this new world, you will have to scavenge enemies for resources, craft weapons and traps, and fight solo or team up with friends in intense four-player co-op battles against waves of enemies.

Beta opens: 18th-21st January

Andrew Sullivan

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Is it weird that after all the bullshit that’s in MGS it’s when they go to another reality where I feel like it’s jumped the shark?

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 pm

I’m strangely looking forward to MG Survive, I know I shouldn’t because #FucKonami and all that, but I saw that first gameplay vid they put out and was like :shock: :D
Last edited by Blakey on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia debuted a new PlayStation 4 lineup musical promotion featuring H Zettrio, Tamaki Roy, Chinza Dopeness, and Majiko titled “Playin’ Swingin’.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf88jnh6lhc

:lol: informative , weird and funny all at the same time.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:28 am

EU PS Plus Subscribers Can Now Download Psycho-Pass PS4 Free

Sony has added the PlayStation 4 version of visual novel Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness to January 2018’s lineup of free games in Europe, matching the North American storefront. While this title was billed as cross-buy across the pond, the platform holder appeared to disagree in the Old World, offering it for the PS Vita only. But it’s since updated the slate of complimentary content, so now all subscribers can download both the PS4 and PS Vita version – regardless of continent.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:04 pm

8) :lol: those crazy Japs....

Watch How Nissan Built a GT-R You Can Drive With a PS4’s DualShock 4 Controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi9mK2vgtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVLiOS69Azg

Andrew Sullivan