GAME Over?

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Veela Magnet

Re: GAME Over?

Post by Veela Magnet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm

shinymcshine wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 pm
As from 250118 instead of getting 1 point every £0.125 spent it'll be 1 point every £0.25. The value of the points isn't changing.
Wow -- so that's one less reason to pity-buy games instore.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Its funny how the retail side of video gaming has changed over the last few years.

A few years ago I could browse & buy, at competitive prices, from Game, Gamestation, HMV, Virgin Megastore, Woolworths, MVC, WH Smiths, then along came the supermarkets too, and depending where you lived, the occasional independent store.

Nowadays, the supermarkets have reigned back their games range, HMV has shrunk considerably, WH Smiths left games alone, and some of the other retailers folded, leaving in many places just Game as the sole high street outlet in many places (with CEX if you want 2nd hand).

Kinda odd given the growth in the user base, but it is by default reducing the 2nd hand market, since many of us are almost forced (& incentivised by online sales) to go for digital downloads.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 am

Sports Direct is to open e-sports zones in some of its stores, together with selling physical games after a £3.2m deal with Game Digital to buy 50% of their "Belong" business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43029559

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:45 pm

FAKE Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita CASES in CEX | CEX SCAMMING GAMERS WITH FAKE CASES |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOgzN7TlWI
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

Veela Magnet

Post by Veela Magnet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:45 pm
FAKE Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita CASES in CEX | CEX SCAMMING GAMERS WITH FAKE CASES
Oh my god, yes! I was just in my local CEX the other day and could clearly spot some dodgy 3DS reprints -- shysters...

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Looks like it could well be game over for Grainger Games, who've shut down their website, and shut a third of their stores.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/28/grainger- ... t-7423310/

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Never used em anyway.

Maybe it's my fault! :shock:

Satan's Therapist

Post by Satan's Therapist » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:23 am

In Derby there is a Grainger 3 doors down
from GAME but I've often walked out of
Grainger to pick up my choice of Game
from the competition.

The reason is because when I've asked for a
game in Grainger they've taken the official seal
off and put the game in the manual or a sleeve
often leaving marks on the disc in my experience
which drives me nuts.

Then on the door there is a disclaimer stating that
if you return a new game that wasn't sealed rather
than a full refund (usual practice for a sealed game
in GAME and Grainger) they'll only offer trade price
even though they have removed the seal.

It's a shame because my Derby branch often stock
the more obscure games and the staff (which used
to be ex Gamestation staff) have been friendly and
helpful in the past.

Hope they find a way to sort this out somehow.
Add me on live

Gamer tag Chaosphere616

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 pm

PlayStation's Relationship with Amazon Worsens As PSN Codes Are Dropped

What started with God of War going out of stock on Amazon UK seems to have escalated over the past few days, as now it’s impossible to purchase PlayStation Network vouchers from the popular retailer in the USA as well. The cards – which are delivered instantly via email – are available in various monetary increments and have been glued to the top of the site’s best sellers list since the PS4 launched.

In fact, Amazon.com seems to be in the exact same situation as the British branch, with God of War constantly going out of stock, and other exclusives like Detroit: Become Human and Spider-Man unavailable at the time of typing. MLB The Show 18 has never been available at the retailer either.

:? so Amazon wanting a bigger slice of profits perhaps.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Hmm wonder if this is more problems with Sony and Amazon as I've just noticed that GAME GAME! is actually selling the new collectors PS4 cheaper than Amazon.

Limited Edition Days of Play PS4 Amazon : £279.99 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStati ... A182255031

Days of Play Limited Edition PS4™ Bundle Game : £249.99 : https://www.game.co.uk/en/days-of-play- ... le-2375301

:? weird.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Game are also allowing you to trade in your old PS4 and get that nice new Days of Play version (inc 2 DS4s?) for £99, which seems pretty decent.

From Game website (Offers T+Cs)

"Offer valid from 8th June 2018 until 18th June 2018. Purchase a Days of Play Ltd Edition 500GB PS4 console for £99.99 (normal price £249.99) when you trade-in an original 500GB PS4 console and use the total trade-in value received against such purchase. Offer available in store only and during store opening hours. Trade-in must be completed in the same transaction as purchase"