For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
maf-me-quick

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am

Get ‘em while they’re hot!

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 am

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games will launch both physically and digitally for PS Vita in Europe on December 15, publisher Aksys Games announced.

The PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Zero Escape: The Nonary Games launched in North America and Europe on March 24. The PS Vita version launched in North America on the same date.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games is a collection including Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and its sequel Virtue’s Last Reward.

Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

Kidnapped and taken to an unfamiliar location, nine people find themselves forced to participate in a diabolical Nonary Game by an enigmatic mastermind called Zero. Why were they there? Why were they chosen to put their lives on the line as part of a dangerous life and death game? Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes more and more dire, and the nine strangers must figure out how to escape before they wind up dead.

Key Features
•Two spine-tingling Nonary Games – Zero welcomes you to take part in both the Nonary Game and the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition as the award-winning escape-the-room visual novels Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and its sequel, Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR), are together for the first time.
•A remastered and revamped Nine Hours – The well-received classic Nintendo DS game 999 has been updated with hi-res graphics and a variety of new features including both Japanese and English voice acting!
•Seek a way out – Search for clues within numerous locked rooms and solve mind-bending puzzles in order to escape. VLR even has two difficulty settings for more of a challenge.
•Fascinating theories and pseudo science ideas abound along the twisting, turning journey to uncover who Zero is, why everyone was kidnapped, and the shocking connection between the Nonary Games.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Bartending Title VA-11 HALL-A Finally Mixes It on PS Vita Today

But only in North America for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRni5Uj8zEw

It’s been a long, long time coming, but cyberpunk bartending sim VA-11 HALL-A will serve up its unique brand of visual novel drama on the PlayStation Vita in North America today. The title will release as a digital download for $14.99, but Limited Run Games has already confirmed a physical edition which will be the company’s “largest Vita run ever”.

:? what a odd vid.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Roguelike RPG platformer Xenon Valkyrie+ blasts onto PlayStation Vita next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6HP3PVJy8

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Yet another Visual novel heads west...

Idea Factory has announced the Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms release dates for the west, and it will be coming to North America on March 13th and Europe on March 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjxZbvvrCUA

Physical copies will feature a reversible cover sleeve with the original Japanese box art on the back too.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 pm

:| Hmm as the Asia version will have English subs this might interest our resident game masochist...

Bandai Namco has released the second official trailer for Super Robot Wars X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-Uqv4BNC0

Super Robot Wars X is due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan on March 29, 2018, and in Southeast Asia with English subtitles on April 26.

Erika Christakis.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 pm
:| Hmm as the Asia version will have English subs this might interest our resident game masochist...

Bandai Namco has released the second official trailer for Super Robot Wars X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-Uqv4BNC0

Super Robot Wars X is due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan on March 29, 2018, and in Southeast Asia with English subtitles on April 26.
Already had it pre ordered before Xmas!

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:43 pm

I have no idea what it is but Super Robot Wars X is a fucking great name

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:48 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:43 pm
I have no idea what it is but Super Robot Wars X is a fucking great name
Its a strategy RPG that takes several popular Japanese mech series and put them all into one game. Problem is, licensing basically prevents the games ever getting released outside of Japan which is a pity, as they are pretty fun little games.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:49 pm

“Super Robot Wars X”

“Strategy RPG”

Gotta be honest, wouldn’t of been my guess

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Muv-Luv Complete Set Collector’s Edition Exclusive to Rice Digital

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/muv-luv-co ... -thats-us/

The games rank extremely highly on the Visual Novel Database (VNDB), with Muv-Luv Alternative having the highest rating of any visual novel ever, which is pretty special.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri May 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Super Hydorah, a shmup with branching routes that was released last September, is getting a physical version for PlayStation Vita by Limited Run Games. The game previously got a PlayStation 4 physical version, also by Limited Run Games, on March 9, 2018.

Both a Standard and Collector’s Edition will be available come June 8, 2018. The Collector’s Edition includes a full-color instruction booklet, the soundtrack, and a keychain in addition to a region-free physical copy of the game.

Super Hydorah originally started as Hydorah, a freeware game released by Locomalito for Windows in 2010. The game got an expanded commercial version by Abylight Studios, that we now know as Super Hydorah. Apart from consoles, the game will be appearing in arcades through the exA-Arcadia platform.

Limited Run Games will be selling around 70% of the stock at 10am EST and the rest at 6pm EST. Super Hydorah is currently available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed May 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Sony is shutting down production of physical Vita games

The production of new physical games will cease by the close of the 2018 fiscal year, which will end on March 31, 2019. Sony had previously announced in February that Vita games would no longer be given out with PlayStation Plus after March of 2019 — which fits into the reported timeline. We’ve reached out to Sony for comment but have yet to hear back at the time of writing.

This isn’t shocking news, as the system rarely gets new titles and hasn’t been mentioned during Sony’s E3 presentations in some time. The company has all but admitted that the hardware can be chalked up as an interesting failure.

“For whatever reason, and there are a host of them, and there are even more reasons if we were drinking beer, Vita just didn’t reach that critical mass with the audience and thereby, the development community doesn’t get behind it and thereby, the audience doesn’t come, and it’s a quick negative spiral effect,” Sony Interactive Entertainment of America president Shawn Layden told Polygon in an interview last year.

Vita was supposed to be a portable that bridged the worlds between console-style and portable games when it launched across North America and Europe in 2012, and the hardware included helpful touches like a large, beautiful OLED screen alongside stranger additions like rear-facing touch pads and expensive proprietary storage. Instead, the Vita arrived feeling like an awkward combination of portable and console. The system never really took off, despite many big-name games coming to the system in its early days.

A large part of that was Sony’s failure to create a compelling identity for the handheld. Instead, it placed a weird focus on the systems’ gyro sensor, camera, and front and rear-facing touch capabilities, which often led to annoying features shoehorned into games that didn’t really need them. Does anyone else remember holding the Vita up to a light to reveal hidden messages on parchment in Uncharted: Golden Abyss?

Remote Play, which allows you to stream PlayStation 4 games on the Vita, has never been a huge selling point. Then there was the PlayStation TV, which was a version of the Vita that connected to the TV, turning the handheld into an underpowered console when compared to the PlayStation 4. The company stopped shipping the tiny console as early as 2015. Amid all these attempts at reinvention and expansion, none of them helped to sell the system in any great numbers.

The report suggests that you’ll still be able to buy games digitally, and Sony hasn’t announced anything about ceasing production of the hardware itself. But this news brings an already dormant system one step closer to its final rest. Indie games and Japanese RPGs will likely continue to come to the system in the near future — like the PlayStation Portable, Japanese audiences have been warmer to the Vita — but don’t expect much outside of those.

Erika Christakis.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 18, 2018 9:06 am

Vita had two problems:

- no easily recognized mass-market game. It was pretty much a system for the hardcore only, explaining why it had such a strong indie following and good sales in Japan. But without a Pokémon or Animal Crossing or even Nintendogs (Sonycats?) you're not going to sell much of your handheld in the west.

- overpriced proprietary SD cards. I think that was an even dumber idea than UMDs on PSP. For me that's the reason why I never really bothered with the system. As soon as my 8GB card was full I pretty much stopped buying Vita games.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Yeah I never was that interested in handheld gaming myself, anyway here a love letter to the system from Push Square (that agrees with you as well)...

Feature: It's Time to Celebrate the PSP, Sony's 21st Century Walkman

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/07/ ... ry_walkman

Erika Christakis.