Rumours and Speculation

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Snaggletooth

Re: Rumours and Speculation

Post by Snaggletooth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Seriously PS5 some people are crazy, would more likely be a new hand held but even thats unlikely.
If we are talking hardware then a new bundle seems likely if a little over blown, given such a dramatic teaser.

What I would like it to be and anidea I have had in my head for a while given Sonys reluctance for Back Compatibility, Is something like a PS Legacy, one console that supports every Sony format Prior to the PS4 sold at sub £200.

and the plus side means it wont support any of your physical games or downloads and you will have to buy FF7 for a 5th time :-D

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 pm

I doubt it will be. Typically the older gens were like, 6 years. Last one was deemed long in the tooth. So not totally ga ga with it being 4 years old this November. But, things are different with mid gen upgrades and it still feels young. Even if we were to get a PS5 in 2019 I doubt we'd be seeing hardware now.

It'll be something underwhelming like PS4 pro slim.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 pm

I'd put a lot of money on a PS4/PS4 Pro GT Sport bundle myself.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 pm
I doubt it will be. Typically the older gens were like, 6 years. Last one was deemed long in the tooth. So not totally ga ga with it being 4 years old this November. But, things are different with mid gen upgrades and it still feels young. Even if we were to get a PS5 in 2019 I doubt we'd be seeing hardware now.

It'll be something underwhelming like PS4 pro slim.
They would remove the middle layer they added with the Pro :lol:

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 pm

:?:

Edit: I got it eventually :lol:

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Blakey wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 pm
I'd put a lot of money on a PS4/PS4 Pro GT Sport bundle myself.

Ahh but did you ?.

Sony Reveals Limited Edition Gran Turismo Sport PlayStation 4 Console For UK, Europe, and Australasia

The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.
We used to call this bigotry.
Now we call this being woke.

Andrew Sullivan

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Oh my god that's so no wait I stopped caring

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 am

It’s the rumour that won’t stop running: the two Shenmue titles could be coming to the PlayStation 4 this year. Just like the Bayonetta and Vanquish double-pack we reported on earlier, a bunch of Eastern European retailers all seem to think that Yu Suzuki’s legendary Dreamcast adventures are coming to Sony’s current console this year, too.

While there is some disparity between the listings – and they're certainly not the first of their kind we’ve seen – it is interesting how a lot of online stores in the same general geographic area have put up similar product pages all at the same time. Have they gotten hold of genuine information, or is this all just coincidental guesswork based on popular rumours?
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.

Andrew Sullivan

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 am

If it's not true it definitely should be.
Its a no brainer, many people wouldn't of played the originals, me included, and to re-release 1 & 2 before 3 would make total sense in order to introduce new gamers to Shenmue and refresh the memories of those that played it originally.
A definite money spinner too :)
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Sony is in discussions with Korean developer Bluehole to bring smash hit PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to the PlayStation 4 – but Microsoft is also trying to delay that version of the game. In what is increasingly becoming a boardroom saga, you should already know that the Redmond firm has agreed to publish the Xbox One version of the Battle Royale-inspired release, granting it a period of exclusivity. However, now Bloomberg is reporting that the company is trying to extend that window.

Here’s a quote from the article: “Bluehole has agreed to produce the game for Microsoft first by the end of the year and is likely to give the company a longer period as the solo console, said [sources] asking not to be identified because the matter is private. Games are typically offered exclusively for about three months to encourage people to buy a particular console, so Xbox may have the game to itself until the middle of next year or longer.”

It’s been fascinating watching this all play out, not least because Epic Games has beaten PUBG to the punch, releasing the very agreeable Fortnite: Battle Royale for free on the PS4 already. Still, it’s amazing to see Microsoft go so aggressively after this particular game; it may be one of the most popular titles in the world right now, but this whole scenario must be keeping Xbox chief Phil Spencer awake at night – after all, he’s not really a fan of timed exclusives, is he?

Andrew Sullivan

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:04 pm
But this whole scenario must be keeping Xbox chief Phil Spencer awake at night – after all, he’s not really a fan of timed exclusives, is he?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This part genuinely made me giggle like a school girl, love that sass.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:04 am

Italian retailers list Assassin’s Creed Rogue HD for PS4, Xbox One

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/11/italian-ret ... jxqDItc.99

Andrew Sullivan

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

I think Kamiya is announcing a new game next week

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

There's apparently a Bandai-Namco event on the 15th Dec which will reveal a whole lot of stuff on their 2018 slate. Nintendo is supposedly going to have a huge presence at said event.

Also, expect a Souls Switch remaster to be announced at TGA's tomorrow night.

Geoff Keighley's also said there will be two worlds shown that have never been seen before at the TGAs, and has been hinting he's got AAA games to announce, not just Indies/VR titles.
MFGamers Twitter

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 am

Scribblenauts Showdown rated for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch in Taiwan

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/12/scribblenau ... Da0izIE.99

Andrew Sullivan