Rumours and Speculation

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Sly Reflex

Rumours and Speculation

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:07 pm

OK, time to have a thread like this, bang all rumours and speculation in here. Nothing in this thread is set in stone, and is basically passed round through Chinese whispers, discovered patents and slips of the tongue by gaming companies and developers. It will be nice to read the thread a few month down the line and see if any of these bear any fruit or just end up staying as rumours or hoaxes.

Sony avalanche Ahoy!

Backward compatibility on PSP GO! will work by you sending your UMD's to Sony for an exchange in licence agreement for you downloading your games.

PSP GO! can access the internet anywhere, you do not need to be near a wifi hotspot.

PS3 will get PS2 compatibility come next September, it will tie in with the 10th anniversary of the PS2.

Left 4 Dead could be in the pipeline for Sony.

HD editions of GoW and GoW2 are in development.

New G-gon games coming, including the Point Blank Series and House of the Dead.

PSN will see FFVIII and FFIX after the success of FFVII.

A revision on the wallet system on PSN will included cards like you can get in the US for the Euro section of the service. Odds on this is 100% true.

Sorry there are no links, but I am sure as things get dismissed or acknowledged they will be linked to. Speculate away guys!

Magic Knight

Re: Rumours and Speculation

Post by Magic Knight » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:34 pm

**** I wish you were in charge at Sony Sly, thats like a list of wet dreams. If the PSP Go can access the internet anywhere that would definitely make me buy one.

My rumour: Mass Effect 1 / 2 will hit the PS3 at some point. - EA owns all IP rights (fact) so MS have no say in which systems it comes out on.

OnThinIce

Post by OnThinIce » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm

i heard they ruled out Mass Effect 1 on PS3 but Mass Effect 2 is basically a case of when not if

YoshiKart64

Post by YoshiKart64 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Magic Knight wrote:**** I wish you were in charge at Sony Sly, thats like a list of wet dreams. If the PSP Go can access the internet anywhere that would definitely make me buy one.

My rumour: Mass Effect 1 / 2 will hit the PS3 at some point. - EA owns all IP rights (fact) so MS have no say in which systems it comes out on.
Theres going to be frowny faces for EA and Bioware from if this doesnt actually happen eventually :x theres one for now as I'm waiting.

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 pm

The sending in of UMD's seems a bit stupid to me, but the rest sounds great. All this info was heard through the grapevine though, so I would not cement these facts just yet.

YoshiKart64

Post by YoshiKart64 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Sly Reflex wrote:The sending in of UMD's seems a bit stupid to me, but the rest sounds great. All this info was heard through the grapevine though, so I would not cement these facts just yet.
If Sony did do that they could make a load of money reselling those UMD's to normal PSP owners.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 pm

YoshiKart64 wrote:
Sly Reflex wrote:The sending in of UMD's seems a bit stupid to me, but the rest sounds great. All this info was heard through the grapevine though, so I would not cement these facts just yet.
If Sony did do that they could make a load of money reselling those UMD's to normal PSP owners.
And a lot of people could get cheap downloads from ebay/pre-owned games.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:00 pm

sega promises shenmue 3 for the new apple console :D

OnThinIce

Post by OnThinIce » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:09 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:sega promises shenmue 3 for the new apple console :D
is there any substance to this at all?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:34 pm

OnThinIce wrote:
is there any substance to this at all?
uhhh...yeah, sure. why not? :wink:

mrkez

Post by mrkez » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 am

Great idea for a thread Sly.

Recently a business analyst (no, it wasn't Pachter) predicted two new GTAIV episodes to be released in 2010 (with GTAV to follow a year later) most likely on all formats.

I also speculate that the last Xbox Original release will be Halo 2.
3DS Friend Code: *pending*

fatboyslick

Post by fatboyslick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 am

Sly Reflex wrote:
PSP GO! can access the internet anywhere, you do not need to be near a wifi hotspot.
Well if this is gonna be true it'll need a SIM card slot

swooper_d

Post by swooper_d » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 am

OnThinIce wrote:i heard they ruled out Mass Effect 1 on PS3 but Mass Effect 2 is basically a case of when not if
As much of a coup I think Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3 would be, I think that the way that Bioware are touting all the features that follow on from your save in Mass Effect 1, PS3 owners would be missing out on a lot by not having Mass Effect 1. I think it would make more sense if there will be a Mass Effect double pack of sorts or maybe a Mass Effect Trilogy if they wait for the third.
Ooh you tease you :wink:
Chanko Stew will blow you away!
Countdown to Super Street Fighter IV: 30th April 2010 - Prepare for the Orochi Breaker!
ImageImage

Andy Kurosaki

Post by Andy Kurosaki » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:48 am

Never mind Shenmue 3, where's "Keith Chegwin's Party Games 2" on wii eh? The last one had a right cliff-hanger ending.

swooper_d

Post by swooper_d » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 am

I never played Cheggers first game but now I'm intrigued. Better still, the mention of Kieth Chegwin and Shenmue in the same sentence gives me visions of Chegwin in the Shenmue world. The very thought of Cheggers shouting out "Anyone fancy a game of Lucky Hit?" would be worth the price of the crossover alone.
Chanko Stew will blow you away!
Countdown to Super Street Fighter IV: 30th April 2010 - Prepare for the Orochi Breaker!
ImageImage