The Xbox ONE thread

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Maryokutai

Re: The Xbox ONE thread

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm

I hope Panzer Dragoon Orta runs smoothly. Officially it was already backward compatible on 360 but you couldn't play past the fourth stage or so which made the whole thing rather pointless.
I'm also wondering if they actually emulate the whole thing because in the original you could unlock the first game (straight Saturn port). In any case, looking forward to playing this again.

As for the rest I'm considering buying Jade Empire because I never played that back in the day.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm

So in a bizarre twist then seems like there's a Bioware game that others here haven't played but I have 8)

Jade Empire I played on 360 and I think there was something wrong with the BC cause it ran like shit. But I beat it anyway.

I didn't like it very much and it put me off Bioware stuff. I came away from it feeling like Bioware couldn't write characters that weren't flat archetypes.
Punished Dwarf: A dwarf who must plat Devil May Cry 2

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Xbox 360 games Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2, Darksiders, Gears 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Sonic Generations had also received Xbox One X patches.
Check out the Red Dead Redemption comparison video on YouTube, it's pretty bloody phenomenal. :o

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:25 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm
So in a bizarre twist then seems like there's a Bioware game that others here haven't played but I have 8)

Jade Empire I played on 360 and I think there was something wrong with the BC cause it ran like shit. But I beat it anyway.

I didn't like it very much and it put me off Bioware stuff. I came away from it feeling like Bioware couldn't write characters that weren't flat archetypes.
I said I played it I just didn't like it. I was a bit late on the Bioware train so it was literally back to back of KotOR 2, then KotOR 1, then about an hour of JE before being like "Oh this is the same thing without the Star Wars skin so I don't care"

KotOR series remains one of the best video game experiences of my life. I doubt they hold up very well today because they are ugly and janky and old but fuk me I spent about a month solid playing through both of them multiple times trying to get different endings and permutations on the endings.

You could do really crazy stuff, too. I think it was KotOR where you could turn your party members in to Jedi's if you built a strong enough affinity with them. It also has a super dark ending and I'm sad they never got to follow it up

Man. I never really gave JE a chance because it was the 3rd one in a row and I was tired of that game by then. But man those Star Wars games. Those were the shit.

Satan's Therapist

Post by Satan's Therapist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Maryokutai wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm
I hope Panzer Dragoon Orta runs smoothly. Officially it was already backward compatible on 360 but you couldn't play past the fourth stage or so which made the whole thing rather pointless.
I'm also wondering if they actually emulate the whole thing because in the original you could unlock the first game (straight Saturn port). In any case, looking forward to playing this again.

As for the rest I'm considering buying Jade Empire because I never played that back in the day.
Yep, that problem needs sorting or hopefully has
been sorted out for this. Only issue I read of
is that not all games with be available digitally
so you'll need the disc. I'm happy paying £6.75
for Panzer Dragoon Orta (like I did with Crimson Skies
rather than searching for a disc copy since BC games
have a habit of going up in price.
Add me on live

Gamer tag Chaosphere616

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 pm

The reports of Red Dead on the X sounds great but the only things/achieve,ends I have left to do in that game is multi-player

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:10 pm

I thought I had a copy of Morrowind but I was wrong. And they’re over £40 on Amazon.

Hmm...

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 pm

I was going to say something about not playing on Xbox, but thought on the fact that the engine is so crummy on PC that maybe it's all a bit of a muchness which version you play it on.

But all that aside I saw this: https://openmw.org/en/

An open-source implementation of Morrowind. IE, a refactoring of the entire code-base so that it works better with modern systems.

That sounds really cool cause playing Morrowind and modding it so the draw distance isn't shit and giving it other things to make it more modern causes it to run like absolute hell.

Anyway Morrowind is cool and I figure there's a chance you might like it. One thing it doesn't have are things like waypoints like in Oblivion. So you read your journal and use that as your guide.

Maybe you'll hate that shit though. I don't know. But you spend much more time in the world than you do in a sidequest menu I feel. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Also I can’t play on anything except consoles. No PC or laptop.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Do you have a really old one?

Anything past 2008 ought to do it.

I'm guessing the 4K stuff isn't really critical to Morrowind. Cause it looks like this

(dat draw distance)

I'd really like a VR Morrowind actually. VR's graphics aren't far from what Morrowind is except with better character models. Morrowind can be immersive as fuk

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Nope. I don’t have a PC at all

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Wow I just got blown away with surprise by the Ys Origin trailer. That was not what I thought that game would be at all.

I thought the whole series was JRPG

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am

The 4K patch for the Master Chiefs Collection is coming out over the summer, apparently

Very good excuse to play through one of my favourite series again

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 am

Lemme guess - you just use the shotgun?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:29 am

Halo has bad ass shotgun

And pistol

And double SMGs

And battle rifle