Rumours and Speculation

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
sleepery jeem

Re: Rumours and Speculation

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 am

Is the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Sneaking to PS4?

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection could be coming to the PlayStation 4, assuming a listing on Texas-based developer Armature’s website is accurate. While the compilation – which features Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – was originally handled by Bluepoint for the PlayStation 3, the ReCore developer worked on the PS Vita version.

And on its portfolio page, it’s currently listing the title for PS4 in addition to PS Vita, suggesting it may have been recruited to convert the remasters to Sony’s new-gen system, too. It’d certainly make sense: the port would probably be a low-cost effort, but it’s not hard to imagine there being a market for old-school MGS on the uber-popular console. Of course, it could also be a mere clerical error.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Nope

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Yes
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Yes.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Bluepoint could do a good Snake Eater remake.

They gotta level up their eyeball game though. No dead-eyes Snakes please.
🌚

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 am
Is the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Sneaking to PS4?

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection could be coming to the PlayStation 4, assuming a listing on Texas-based developer Armature’s website is accurate. While the compilation – which features Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – was originally handled by Bluepoint for the PlayStation 3, the ReCore developer worked on the PS Vita version.

And on its portfolio page, it’s currently listing the title for PS4 in addition to PS Vita, suggesting it may have been recruited to convert the remasters to Sony’s new-gen system, too. It’d certainly make sense: the port would probably be a low-cost effort, but it’s not hard to imagine there being a market for old-school MGS on the uber-popular console. Of course, it could also be a mere clerical error.
To anyone excited by this, I will point you to the atrociously ported Silent Hill Collection.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Dude the Metal Gear collection already exist and it's a splendid remaster. All they got to do is up the internal res to 1080 and 4K.

Also Metal Gear doesn't have the problem of these highly specific render techniques which gave it its atmosphere on PS2 like SH has.
🌚

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 am

Yesterday, rumors began swirling that developer Armature Studios accidentally leaked that they are working on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS4. Although every other outlet under the sun was happy to report the rumor, we decided to ask the source: Armature. While no one would be happier to see Metal Gear Solid HD Collection make it to PS4, Armature is not working on the project.

Word comes Jonathan Zamkoff, head of business development at Armature Studios. When asked by DualShockers if they were working on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS4, he let us know that it was a typo on an otherwise new website:

Unfortunately this was simply a typo by one of our web developers and is neither a leak nor indication that the MGS HD collection is coming to PS4. Or that Armature is working on any new MGS games.

In the interim, they are going to be pulling the bad information from the website down.

But where does this rumor come from?
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Rumour: Spyro Remaster Roaring to PS4 Later This Year

Following the runaway success of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Activision is lining up a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy remaster for the PlayStation 4. According to Kotaku – citing sources familiar with the project – all three of Insomniac Games’ enormously popular PSone platformers will be resurrected for the new-gen system, with the promise of “cut content” making a return.

As with Crash, the trio of titles will be upgraded with new assets, lighting, cinematics, and audio. There’ll also be full PS4 Pro support. An announcement is expected as soon as next month, with a release currently slated for Q3 2018. According to one source, a September launch is being targeted internally, as it would coincide with the series’ 20th anniversary.

Erika Christakis.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:00 pm

After Crash last year this is definitely true. But it won’t do no where near as well.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Spyro is really problematic, I dont see how they can remake it.

Gnasty Gnorc was just a lonely guy chilling in his dungeon when this asshole old man dragon starts dissing on him on live TV like a bully. Then he harmlessly freezes the dragons for a bit to give them time to think on what they done until this fucking purple asshole comes up and murders him cold. They're going to have to tone down a few things
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:09 pm

I played all 3 Spyro games and liked them quite a bit, but all I remember from them is in the first one you fly through a waterfall and then there is this flying level where you blow up a train.

Also the 3rd one had skateboards.

Oh, and there was a cheat that worked on both Spyro and Crash and whichever game you used it on it would unlock a demo for the other.

Spyro was enjoyable while still feeling kinda crappy. But I don't think it was ever popular enough to really manage to capitalise on the success Crash had last year

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Wait, a few years ago THQ went under, now they just bought a company for 120+ million euro

Business is weird

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 pm
Wait, a few years ago THQ went under, now they just bought a company for 120+ million euro

Business is weird
THQ went bust but their name and IPs were bought by Nordic Games, hence they became THQ Nordic.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm

I have no idea where they got that money from but I sincerely hope Koch Media or more importantly Deep Silver isn't going to suffer from this buyout. They've been hands-down my favourite publisher these last two years thanks to some great Atlus output and I'd hate to be back where we were before that when only a third of their games (Atlus) ever came out over here.