For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
Blakey

MegaMan 11 |OT| Set blasters to stun!

Post by Blakey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Developer: Capcom/Dimps
Publisher: Capcom
Platform: XB1, PC, PS4, Switch.
Release Date: TBC Late 2018

MegaMan 11 announced, coming late 2018 to Switch, PC, XB1 and PS4.

https://youtu.be/3aSC5A726f0

All MegaMan games coming to Switch, PC, XB1 and PS4 next year too:

https://twitter.com/MegaMan/status/937759910116261888

I imagine that at least 1 of us will be very happy at this news.

I think I'm going to buy the collection and 11 on Switch, see how tough they are, probably won't get very far on the older ones.
Last edited by Blakey on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

Shadowman

Re: MegaMan 11

Post by Shadowman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 pm

The older games have a rewind feature, so that should help you :)

Obvioulsy I'm already sold on the game. Getting it for PS4 and Switch (physical and or digital as appropriate). Surprised to see Capcom go down this route honestly, I expected a shitty mobile game based on the upcoming animated series, this is actually real effort on their part!

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm

New Gameplay And Development Details On Mega Man 11

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/06/ne ... YkchG1z.99
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Anyone else think they announced this far too early. This more seems like a "And you can buy it...TODAY!" type deal

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm

It's definitely too 'small' of a game to announce it an entire year before its release, yeah. Maybe it has something to do with their investors and them needing to push their shares or something.

In any case it's god news and I'm not even remotely a fan. Looks fun and nice and I'll definitely play it.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm

What madness? Sorry Capcom, stop being nice and announcing games for your seemingly dead series in your big anniversary year... Seriously that complaint is just plain silly. Its really no different length wise to how 9 or 10 was announced, now we'll get updates throughout the year with more info on the levels and included Robot Masters... so I can't wait. Its just nice to know the series isn't dead. This doesn't seem like a situation like before where Legends 3 was canned, Capcom might actually be trying to breath some life into the series.
Plus any feedback provided now may help them smooth out certain aspects of the game (like the run animation). Of course the game might still suck... I'm cautiously optimistic, but still skeptical at this stage until I actually play it for myself.

Anyway. Read the new details and I'm liking what I hear. The higher difficulties should satisfy my need of challenge while not completely alienating new fans. Having MM rediesgined when he uses different moves is cool, can't believe it wasn't done sooner as it makes a lot of sense. Sounds like they are trying to go with something slightly new in terms of concept while still keeping the game very close to what it was originally. Looking forward to seeing more in the new year :mrgreen:

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm

To each his own. Personally I don't like announcements a year before release but I can see how you could use it to properly hype a game.

Forgot about the anniversary thing, that makes sense obviously.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Maryokutai wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm
To each his own. Personally I don't like announcements a year before release but I can see how you could use it to properly hype a game.

Forgot about the anniversary thing, that makes sense obviously.
Capcom's between a rock and a hard place on this one. Revealing it early means we have to wait a while for the game to release, but announcing this month would make fans believe the series is pretty much dead (see the stream that happened at TGS for example!)

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:30 pm

:| as we don't seem to have a dedicated Mega Man thread (why not Shadow :? ) I think here is the best place for this (if not tell me an i'll delete it)...

20XX, a Mega Man-inspired roguelite game by Batterycycle Games, is coming to PS4 next year according to a new trailer at PSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGFgtMxJSM

unlike classic Mega Man game, the title sports over 100 powerups, daily/weekl challenges, and online (as well as local) multiplayer. Adding to this is Daily and Weekly challenges and permadeath (in the fashion of many roguelites).
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.